R.C. Essential Oil Blend
The RC blend of essential oils is used to ease respiratory systems associated with allergies and colds. It is a relatively inexpensive essential oil blend that remains popular enough that it isn’t surprising when Young Living has sold out. Many people with allergies and respiratory problems swear by this special blend.
The R.C. essential oil blend contains several essential oils, namely Myrtle, Marjoram, Pine, Lavender, Cypress, Spruce, Peppermint, and three different types of Eucalyptus (globulus, radiata, and citriodora). Each one of these powerful ingredients helps to support healthy respiratory function.
This proprietary blend of essential oils is trademarked by Young Living. Each bottle of R.C. contains 100% therapeutic-grade essential oils and nothing else — nothing to dilute it, adulterate it, or modify its scent.
Suggested Usage of RC
RC should be diluted as 1:1 with carrier oil if it is going to be applied to the skin, and 1:15 if it is going to be used as part of a massage. Young Living recommends V-6 Vegetable Oil Complex for the carrier oil
According to the Essential Oils Pocket Reference, RC can be used in the following ways:
- Diffuse or humidify
- Rubbed on the chest, back of neck, or over the sinus area
- Used as hot compress
- Add to a steaming bowl of hot water, place a towel over your head and the bowl, and inhale the steam – can be combined with Raven or Thieves blends
- Add 4 to 8 drops to a cotton ball and place in air vents
Young Living also recommends these uses:
- Place a few drops in a warm bath or shower
- Apply a few drops to your chest or wrist as you start your day
- Pine has been used since the time of Hippocrates to fight infection and support respiratory function
- One of the main constituents of peppermint essential oil is menthol
- The Romans referred to Marjoram as the “herb of happinesss”
- Eucalyptus globulus trees were planted throughout North Africa to effectively block the spread of malaria