Essential oils are commonly used by many men as beard oils. Using 100% pure essential oils means that you can avoid the dangerous artificial chemicals found in many beard oil preparations – including parabens, petrochemicals, artificial colors, animal-derived ingredients, and synthetic fragrances.
Let’s talk about some of the individual essential oils and blends that have been found to work very well for beards and facial hair. You might be surprised at what all a few drops of essential oil can do for facial hair, whether it needs to be tamed or just have a healthy sheen.
Individual Essential Oils
There are so many essential oils that work well as beard oils, so we are going to look at just a sample of them. Keep in mind that essential oils can offer many health benefits not covered in this list and can be used as colognes.
- Lavender, known for its pleasant scent, moisturizing qualities, calming effect, and inexpensive price
- Bergamot, which was used in the world’s first eau de cologne and gives Earl Grey Tea its distinctive flavor
- Cedarwood, which has a warm, woodsy scent and has a reputation for combating hair loss
- Cinnamon bark, whose scent you are no doubt familiar with, has excellent germ and bacteria fighting properties
- Clove, known for its distinctive spicy scent and its use in ancient medicine
- Lemon, which has a pleasant scent while combating issues like acne and toxins
- Patchouli, known for its distinctive spicy odor, treatment for dry skin, and reputation as an aphrodisiac
- Peppermint, which has a popular scent and helps with breathing problems and fatigue
- Rosemary, with its strong, woodsy scent, is known for aiding in hair growth
- Tea tree, which helps with blemishes, encourages hair growth, and has powerful properties for fighting germs, bacteria, fungus, and infections
Shutran Beard Oil
One of Young Living’s blends for beards is Shutran Beard Oil. Using only a dime-size amount daily will soften and condition facial hair while adding an attractive sheen – with an added bonus of a pleasant, masculine scent. It contains Wolfberry seed oil, apricot oil, and the proprietary Shutran blend of essential oils. Included in this blend you will find Northern Lights Black Spruce, Ocotea, Ylang Ylang, Hinoki, Cedarwood, and Lavender.
This blend works even for unruly, dry, or coarse beard hair, and moisturizes your skin at the same time. It is available in drops, as shown, but also as an essential oil blend, bar soap, shave cream, and aftershave lotion.
Essential oils are an excellent means of conditioning your beard while smelling great – all while avoiding dubious synthetic chemicals! If you would like more information, then pay me a visit online!